Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Looking for New Literacy Ideas...

(Image is Courtesy of Google Images)
I found a post from Judy's Blog titled Literacy Shed and thought I would check it out, because the title caught my eye. The site has so many great visual literacy resources for the classroom. Some of the resources are geared for older students, but I found the picture book shed to be something I will use with my own students. One story I read every year is Owl Babies written by Martin Wadell, and this site has a great movie version of the book. What a great way for me to really grab my students attention, and for them to be able to listen and watch the story at the same time. If anyone has any other great sites for free read aloud books that I could play on my Smartboard please let me know, I am always looking for ideas!

1 comment:

  1. I love this site, too! I just added it to my Diigo library. I'm going to look into what other books are available because I would love to project stories in the classroom. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete