Monday, February 25, 2013

Digital Storytelling Project

For this project,  I had my PreK class and Kate had her First Grade class illustrate pictures about what friendship means to them. We then wrote down each child's thoughts about friendship. Being a good friend is a social skill that we both are working on in our classrooms. I showed my students the video today and they loved it! We had to watch it twice; and my students are now so excited about helping me to make more videos. They really enjoyed seeing their illustrations come to life on the Smartboard. It was a fun project, and I can't wait to make more digital books for my class. Check out the video and let me know your thoughts.

5 comments:

  1. What a great story! I love the way you collaborated with Kate and her class. Student artwork is always wonderful to see...I bet your parents will love to see this. You both did a fabulous job!What was the most time consuming part?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your kind words! The most time consuming part was taking a picture of each child's artwork, uploading it and narrating all of their words.Seeing how excited my students were when I showed them the final project, it was well worth the time spend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a great digital story! I loved seeing the students' artwork (including Jack's!)! Your students must be so excited! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your digital story! the art work is so cute. I bet your students felt proud to see thier own work. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for collaborating on the project! I love the way the video turned out and my students really loved it!

    ReplyDelete