Wednesday, January 30, 2013

My First Animoto

I had fun creating my first Animoto project. I created an Animoto that has all the alphabet letters and a food that goes along with each letter. One of the goals for Prekindergarten is that students will identify all of the uppercase and lowercase alphabet letters by the end of the school year. I included a food for each letter because I will be implementing a unit on foods next month with my students. I thought the video would be great to show on the SmartBoard. The video will help to expose my students to all the alphabet letters, and to learn about some different foods at the same time. I will show the video during whole group time so we can talk about the letters and the different foods. Afterwards, I will play the video during free choice times to keep exposing my students to letters and foods. Wondering what foods I came up with for q and x? Check out my Animoto and let me know what you think! (All photo images are courtesy of Google Images.)

8 comments:

  1. This is a great video! I know your preschoolers will be so excited to shout out the food that they know! I like how you used familiar and unfamiliar foods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My students loved the video and of course they shouted out all the foods they knew and then we went back and talked about the unfamiliar foods.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Suzanne! I like how you incorporated new vocabulary along with the letters. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I like how you brought together your Pre-K goal of having the students identify their uppercase and lowercase letters and your food unit. I'm sure your kids loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My students loved it! They liked shouting out the letters and foods they knew.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly-you hooked me with the question about q and x! I thought of q but had no idea what you would use for x. Very sneaky! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great video! I love the pictures of the food...especially the gum for x.

    ReplyDelete