Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Inspiration


I got some inspiration from Mr. Flinn’s students’ blogs. I want to start a classroom blog soon, and would love to have my students eventually have their own blog page as well. A place for them to showcase artwork and for their parents to write them comments. Since I teach Prekindergarten I wasn’t sure what to really do. Mr. Flinn had his Kindergarten students interview each other, write sentences about their peer and then he videotaped each student reading their work. Parents were able to comment about their child’s project. I just thought it was a very cute, easy way to expose young children to blogging.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the website! What a great idea! I struggled with how to implement a blog with my class and thought I would start with a class blog. However, after reading your post and watching Mr Finn's Class, I want to start a kidblog for my class! I felt that my students wouldn't be able to successful type their work yet, but I can videotape and photograph their work and post it on their blog! What a great idea! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the teachers in my Manchester Cohort has already started a KidBlog with her first graders. As for Pre-School, you could probably start a class blog and share pictures and videos of what is happening in the classroom. You can do this without showing pictures of the students.

    ReplyDelete